Here are 5 ways to treat acne without antibiotics:
- Blue Light- The Blue Light treatment kills off acne causing bacteria, decreasing the pimples in a few short treatments. The Professional BLU Light treatments are done in our office every 2 weeks for 4 total treatments. You can also do your own blue light treatments with the Tria Skin Clarifying Blue Light. Be sure to get a $10 off coupon from us and purchase on-line.
- Glycolic Acid Cleansers and Lotions- Glycolic acid is derived from sugar cane and helps to exfoliate the skin and unplug pores. An added benefit is that it is anti-aging too!
- SilkPeel Microdermabrasions- Monthly treatments with the SilkPeel unclog pores, fade away pink scars, stimulate collagen production, and give your skin a healthy glow.
- Give Up The Sugar- Sugars in your diet (such as those in cookies and soda pop) increase hormones that lead to an increase in oil production, the primary cause of acne. Choose sugar free or savory options instead.
- Take Omega 3’s- Fish Oil Gelcaps, such as Omega Max, are anti-inflammatory and reduce pimples as well as help skin stay in good health.