Lauren Fine, MD FAAD | Board-Certified Dermatologist
Lauren Fine, MD, is a fellowship-trained, board-certified dermatologist who has been in practice in the Chicago area since 2010.
Dr. Fine is a graduate of Duke University, where she received her BS in biology and neuroscience. She attended Rush University Medical school where she graduated as a member of the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. Dr. Fine completed her internship at Resurrection Medical Center, and then went on to complete her dermatology residency at John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County. Following residency, she completed a Laser & Cosmetic fellowship under the direction of renowned dermatologist Dr. Amy Taub. While there she received in-depth training on cutting-edge laser procedures and cosmetic treatments.
Dr. Fine has written numerous articles in peer-reviewed journals and has authored multiple book chapters in dermatology textbooks. She is an active member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and the Chicago Dermatology Society. She serves as a consulting physician at Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital.
Dr. Fine practices both general and cosmetic dermatology for adult and pediatric patients. Dr. Fine is is an expert in laser procedures and cosmetic procedures such a botulinum toxin injections and injectables such as Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse, Sculptra, Bellafill and Kybella. Her clinical interests include comprehensive treatments for acne scarring, hair loss, adult female acne, inflammatory skin conditions and skin cancer surveillance.
At the cornerstone of Dr Fine’s practice philosophy is a physician-patient relationship that fosters open communication and patient education. Using the most up-to-date treatments to keep your skin looking and feeling it’s best is Dr. Fine’s priority.
- Fine L, Taub A. Combination Therapies: BTX plus non-surgical procedures. In Botulinum Toxins: Principals and Practice. (ed Cohen J), John Wiley & Sons – Submitted for publication April 2016.
- Fine, L. “Top 5 tips for Successful Interactions with your Office Staff”. Next Steps in Derm online Journal. Feb 2015
- Fine, L. “Top 5 Tips for a Successful Physician-Patient Interaction”. Next Steps in Derm online Journal. Jan 2015
- Fine L, Hoffman L, Hoffman M. Aphthous ulcerations associated with trisomy 8-positive myelodysplastic syndrome. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2007; 57(2): S38-41.
- Albrecht J, Fine L, Piette W. Drug-associated lymphoma and pseudolymphoma: recognition and management. Dermatologic Clinics. 2007; 25(2): 233-244. Fine L. Effects of fatty acids and pharmacologic pertubation of microtubular assembly on pancreatic islet insulin secretion. Duke University Journal of Science & Technology. 2001; Vol XVII No. 2.
- 10/2016 Mini-symposium: Young Dermatologic Surgeons “How to Introduce Cosmetics and Cosmeceuticals into your Practice”, ASDS annual meeting. Chicago, IL.
- 4/2014 “How to develop Effective Teamwork Among the Residents”. Dermatology Chief Academy. Chicago, IL
- 4/2014 “Morale Boosters, Morale Busters”. Dermatology Chief Academy. Chicago, IL
- 3/2013 “Common facial Dermatoses”. Illinois Masonic Internal Medicine Grand Rounds.
- 2/2010 “Precursor B-Cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma”. Case Presentation. Chicago Dermatological Society Meeting. Chicago, IL.
- 10/2009 “Antihistamines & Leukotriene Inhibitors”. Basic and Clinical Science Seminar Series. John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County, Department of Dermatology, Chicago, IL.
- 3/2009 “Transfusion-Induced Urticarial Vasculitis Secondary to Serum Sickness”. Case Presentation. Chicago Dermatological Society Meeting, Chicago, IL
- 11/2008 “Ichthyosiform Dermatoses: mechanisms and molecular biology”. Basic and Clinical Science Seminar Series. Rush University Medical Center, Department of Dermatology, Chicago, IL.
- 7/2008 “Sarcoidosis with Heart Block”. American Academy of Dermatology Summer Meeting, Chicago, IL
- 6/2008 “Systemic Mycoses”. Basic and Clinical Science Seminar Series. Rush University Medical Center, Department of Dermatology, Chicago, IL.
- 3/2008 “Sarcoidosis with Heart Block”. Case Presentation. Chicago Dermatological Society Meeting, Chicago, IL.
- Dermatologist May 2017-present
- ChicagoCosmetic Surgery and Dermatology, Chicago, IL
- Affiliate Physician May 2017-present
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Associate Dermatologist May 2011 – October 2016
- Lakeview Dermatology; A Division of Illinois Dermatology Institute, Chicago, IL.
- Staff Physician May 2011 – June 2017
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Chicago, IL.
- Associate Dermatologist July 2010-May 2011
- Advanced Dermatology, Lincolnshire, IL.
- Cosmetic Dermatology & Research Fellowship – Advanced Dermatology & SkinQRI Research Institute, Lincolnshire, IL. 2010-2011
- Dermatology Board Certification – American Board of Dermatology. July 29, 2010
- Dermatology Residency – John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL. 2007-2010
- Internship – Resurrection Medical Center, Chicago, IL. 2006-2007
- Doctor of Medicine – Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL. 2002-2006
- Clinical Trial Coordinator – Rush Institute of Mental Well Being, Chicago, IL. 2001-2002
- Bachelor of Science – Duke University, Durham, NC. 1997-2001.
Board-Certified Dermatologist Illinois State 036.125993 Professional organizations American Academy of Dermatology American Society for Dermatologic Surgeons Women’s Dermatologic Society Chicago Dermatologic Society