Summer is almost done and likely you’ve enjoyed some of the sun, but what do you do if you accidentally overdid it?
Top 5 ways to Repair Sun Damaged Skin
- Use an antioxidant to reduce “sunburn cells”. These can help reduce the breakdown of collagen and elastic tissue due to sun exposure. Antioxidants come in many forms. There are creams such as Revaleskin Day cream, night cream and intensive repair cream which contain CoffeeBerry, an ingredient which provides over 19 different antioxidants to the skin. Antioxidants such as lutein, zeaxanthin, vitamin C and E can also be found in pill form in the AmeriSciences Women’s or Men’s Multivitamin pack. They help quench oxidizers throughout the body, increasing overall health and well-being.
- Get a peel. Nothing removes dead, dull, damaged skin cells better than a peel. There are different types of peels that can benefit your skin. SilkPeel Microdermabrasion with Dermal Infusion helps to eliminate dead skin cells using a diamond-tipped wand, while antioxidant fluids are instilled into the skin. The treatment takes about 30 minutes and leaves your skin glowing and soft. PCA peels are a combination of special medications to exfoliate, hydrate, lighten, and renew the skin. Light peeling takes place 3-5 days after treatment.
- Get an ultrasound infusion. Elite Ultrasound Revisage is a revolutionary way to send antioxidants, skin growth factors, and exfoliants down to the deeper layers of the skin using ultrasound technology. Typically performed after a SilkPeel Microdermabrasion, this treatment has been clinically proven to decrease wrinkles.
- Have a Skin Rejuvenation treatment with Intense Pulsed Light (IPL). The SRA device lightens brown spots and erases redness in just 5 monthly treatments. It is great for the face, décolletage, or arms – anywhere the sun has abused your skin.
- Get a Reveal Skin Care analysis. This free examination shows brown and red spots and helps our esthetician come up with a detailed plan for your specific sun damage.
If you have any questions on how to renew your skin, please feel free to make an appointment today!