What are Neuromodulators?
Less creasing of the skin allows new collagen to replenish, softening of lines, and allows others to see a more refreshed and rejuvenated you. The effects of neuromodulators typically last about three to four months for Botox and Dysport, and 6 months for Daxxify for wrinkles. They can also be used to reduce underarm or palm perspiration for 6 to 9 months, and reduce jaw-clenching masseter muscle volume for 6-8 months. Our physicians are published experts in the use of botulinum toxin to reduce facial lines, hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating), and masseter reduction.
How do Botox, Dysport, and Daxxify Work?
Neuromodulators are muscle-relaxing injections of botulinum toxin that are used to treat frown lines. Forehead lines, crow’s feet, and more. Daxxify has an extra peptide which prolongs its effects for up to 6 months. Our Board-Certified physicians choose the right amount of neuromodulator for you, which is then injected directly into the underlying muscle, causing it to relax and gradually smooth out the appearance of the overlying skin. Advanced treatment areas include the depressors of the corners of the mouth, “bunny lines” on the nose, neckline bands, and masseter (jaw muscle) enlargement for a more narrow, heart shaped face. It is important to choose an experienced physician for any neuromodulator treatment, as a vast understanding of muscle structure is needed for desirable outcomes.
- Dr. Jacob completed a Cosmetic and laser surgery fellowship at Harvard, SkinCare Physicians and has been injecting Botox since 1999. She has treated tens of thousands of patients and has taught other physicians in the art of injectables since 2000.
- Dr. Pritzker and Dr. Ibrahim completed a Cosmetic and Laser surgery fellowship at SkinCare Physicians in Boston, with clinical faculty from the Harvard and Yale Departments of Dermatology.
- Dr. Fine completed a Cosmetic and Laser surgery fellowship at Advanced Dermatology in Lincolnshire, IL. She is is an expert in laser procedures and cosmetic procedures such a botulinum toxin injections and injectables.
- Dr. Chirstopoulos completed a Plastic Surgery fellowship at Rush Univeristy in Chicago, IL, and has been injecting since 2009. (CHECK THIS DATE)
- Our physicians are expert injectors and treat hundreds of patients with neuromodulators and fillers weekly..