What is CoolSculpting®?
- Using cryolipolysis technology, CoolSculpting targets and freezes fat cells which your body will naturally eliminate in 1-3 months or more resulting in up to 20-25% fat reduction in the treated areas.
- The only nonsurgical way to freeze away and eliminate stubborn pockets of fat from your body that are more difficult to reduce despite diet and exercise.
- FDA-cleared, clinically proven safe and effective.
- Pinpoint and treat exact trouble spots where you’d like to reduce fat in up to 9 areas of the body.
- Results are proven, noticeable, and lasting, so you’ll look and feel great from every angle.
The Science of CoolSculpting
Freeze away fat? It comes down to science. Fat cells freeze at higher temperatures than surrounding tissues. CoolSculpting safely delivers precisely controlled cooling (cryolipolysis) to gently and effectively target the fat cells underneath the skin. During CoolSculpting, fat cells in will freeze. Once that happens, your body will naturally eliminate the dead cells in 1-3 months or more. Over time, your body naturally processes the fat and eliminates these dead cells, leaving a more slimmer appearance.
What To Expect
It’s easy to sit back, relax and say goodbye to stubborn fat! During your procedure, you may choose to read, check email, or even take a nap. We often follow CoolSculpting treatments with our Slimspec device to enhance results. The Slimspec is a radial pulse technology device that creates measured shock waves of pressure to penetrate the treatment area and break down frozen fat cells, helping your body metabolize them more efficiently. When used in conjunction with the CoolSculpting device, our office has found it provides a quicker recovery time and increased fat reduction!
Are you ready to love every view of you? The sooner you set up your FREE CoolSculpting consultation, the sooner you’ll see results in the mirror! To find out if CoolSculpting is right for you, call 312-245-9965 or fill out our consultation form at the bottom of this page!
- We have treated thousands of happy CoolSculpting patients since 2010!
- CCSD has three CoolSculpting machines to treat more areas and have faster treatment times!
- We provide complimentary treatment day add-ons like SlimSpec and Alastin TransFORM Body Treatmentthat further enhance your CoolSculpting results.
Patients new to CoolSculpting will need to be seen by our clinical providers, Whitney Conen PA-C, Nirali Shah PA, Brittany Rank PA-C, or Caroline Sheppard, PA-C for an initial complimentary consultation to see if CoolSculpting is right for you. They will also review pre and post treatment information and how to get the best results from your CoolSculpting treatment!
An initial consultation is essential to knowing if you are a good candidate for CoolSculpting®. Typically this treatment is better for patients who are maintaining an ideal weight, struggling with small or stubborn pockets of fat that diet and exercise do not improve.
While a single CoolSculpting treatment provides a noticeable and measurable fat reduction, we recommend for best results 2-3 treatments to the same area spaced one month apart. This will depend on the areas being treated and will be discussed with you at your initial FREE consultation.
As the cooling begins during the first few minutes, you will feel pressure and intense cold. This soon dissipates. Many people read, watch videos, work on their laptop, or even take a nap during their treatment.
You will gradually notice reduced fat in the treated area over 1-3 months after getting CoolSculpting.
There is no downtime with CoolSculpting, however you may experience tingling or a stinging sensation for 5+ minutes immediately after the procedure. Mild redness in the treated area, lasting for a few minutes to a few hours, is an expected but temporary effect of the CoolSculpting procedure. Slight bruising may also occur but can vary from patient to patient.