Skin of Color
At Chicago Cosmetic Surgery and Dermatology, we treat skin of all color, gender and age! We know that patients with darker complexions have unique dermatologic conditions. CCSD Providers work closely with our patients to create a customized treatment plan that addresses their needs and concerns so they can feel great in their own skin.
Fitzpatrick Skin Type Scale
Popular Services For Skin Of Color
Almost all of our services are available to every skin of color! The following treatments are some of our most popular that can be customized based on your unique complexion:
- PCA Skin Chemical Peels – Our Licensed Estheticians can customize these medical grade peels to treat a wide range of conditions such as acne, melasma, scarring, or skin rejuvenation.
- Laser Hair Reduction – Our PA, Nirali Shah, has been successfully performing laser hair removal since 2002 on a large range of skin of color patients. Laser hair removal reduces daily shaving, which can cause irritation, bumps and even hyperpigmentation.
- Laser Rejuvenation – Our board-certified, fellowship trained Dermatologists are experts in cosmetic lasers on all skin types. Laser rejuvenation improves the appearance of hyperpigmentation, acne scars, texture, melasma and more!
- Injectable Fillers – Our expert physician injectors will choose the right fillers for you to help with volume loss under the eyes, folds, wrinkles, acne scars, or general face rejuvenation.
- DiamondGlow Microdermabrasion – This medical grade machine uses a crystal-free, diamond head treatment tip to exfoliate, extract and infuse all at the same time. Treatment serums and tips can be customized based on your skin type and goals. DiamondGlow plumps and hydrates skin and can brighten, heal acne, and improve tone and texture with no downtime!
- Skin Care Products – Our retail store, Chicago Skin Science, only carries high-quality, physician selected and dispensed skin care products that can help fade dark spots, clear acne and scars, sunscreen (skin of color needs UV protection as well) and much more!
- Microneedling with PRP – Using the power of your own platelet-rich plasma (PRP) to supercharge a microneedling treatment, it can improve the appearance of scars, hyperpigmentation, texture and tone.
- Hair Loss – Both women and men can suffer from hair loss. Dr. Omer Ibrahim has done extensive research in the field of hair loss and trained with Dr. Wilma Fowler Bergfeld, who is one of the nation’s top experts on hair loss. During your consult he will create a customized treatment plan to restore your hair density.