At Chicago Cosmetic Surgery and Dermatology, the health and safety of our patients, staff and providers is our first priority. On top of the rigorous sanitary procedures we have always maintained, we’ve added additional precautions during these uncertain times of COVID-19.
July 24, 2020 UPDATE – Phase IV Gradually Resume:
As you may know, Mayor Lightfoot announced some amendments to Chicago’s Phase IV reopening. We want to ensure our patients that as a medical facility, we are exempt from the amended Phase IV: Gradually Resume changes. The “personal services” referenced in the announcement do not affect medical facilities like CCSD. All of our Practice policies remain in alignment with City of Chicago guidelines, and our sanitation measures remain vigilant, using medical grade products and processes (detailed below).
If you’re experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, a fever above 100°F, been exposed to someone infected with COVID-19, or just feel unsure about coming into the office, you can book a telehealth appointment by calling or texting 312-245-9965!
If you are coming into our office for an appointment, here are some safeguards to consider:
- In accordance with Governor Pritzker’s Stay-At-Home Order, 515 N State Street management is enforcing a face mask policy for the building. Please ensure you are wearing a personal face covering before coming into your appointment.
- Fill out your paperwork ahead of time via the Portal, texting and/or DocuSign. Our staff will be requesting paperwork from you that should be completed and submitted in advance of your visit. We will email you prior to your appointment alerting you what steps need to be completed to prepare for your visit. The patient portal is the most effective and compliant way to share information with us and will minimize the amount of contact you have with our staff, and the amount of time you are in the office.
- If you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, fever above 100°F, cough, shortness of breath, chills, shaking chills, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea in the past 2 weeks, we require you to reschedule your appointment or use telehealth.
- If you have traveled outside of the Midwest in the past 2 weeks, we ask that you use telehealth as your method of visit.
- Please come alone. Unless you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor, or caretaker for another individual who requires support, we ask that you bring no other guests or children to the visit to minimize unnecessary exposure.
For your safety and peace of mind, CCSD is taking these additional safety procedures:
- To help maintain social distancing, daily in-office visits are less than a third of our usual volume thanks to Telehealth. CCSD also has 15,000 square feet of office space with 27 exam rooms. This allows our patients private space for their visit.
- We will check your temperature upon arrival and ask you a few questions related to the virus to ensure safety. All CCSD employees will also be required to have their temperatures checked and answer the COVID-19 questionnaire prior to their shift.
- All of our staff will be wearing personal protective equipment (masks, gloves, eyewear/shields). They will also be sanitizing all surfaces, objects and exams rooms after patients or staff have touched them. Hand sanitizer is located around the office for the use of all patients.
- Our spacious retail checkout allows patients to be 6ft apart (and then some!) from other patients at their departure. If your credit card is on file, it can be charged with your verbal approval. If you need to provide a CC, you can swipe your own card for contactless checkout.
Whether virtually or in-office, CCSD looks forward to providing safe and quality care to our valued patients! Call or text to book your appointment today 312-245-9965.