What is Microblading?
Microblading is a form of tattooing, in which a small handheld tool is used to add semi-permanent pigment to the skin to mimic the appearance of natural-looking eyebrow hair. Microblading is known to create, enhance, or reshape one’s eyebrows, resulting in a subtle, yet fuller look.
How long does it last?
Microblading can last anywhere from 12-24 months and results can vary due to skin type.
Will I need a touch-up appointment?
Yes! Touch ups are normal and expected in permanent cosmetics. Microblading requires two sessions- the initial appointment and the touch up appointment. During the touch-up appointment, we will assess your healing results and make adjustments, which will increase the durability of your brows. Touch-up appointments can be anywhere from 6-12 weeks after your first session. Following the second appointment, touch-ups should be every 12-18 months, or as needed.
Is microblading permanent?
Although microblading is considered to be a form of tattooing, it does eventually fade over time due to the pigment used, the density of the hair strokes, and also if one does not keep up with the touch-up appointments. Microblading deposits pigment into the epidermis, so it fades more rapidly than traditional tattooing techniques, which place pigment deeper into the skin.
Am I an ideal candidate for microblading?
Microblading heals best on dry to normal skin. If you have oily skin, an ombre or combination brow would help achieve the best results. For more questions, please see the attached document below.
Will this procedure hurt?
A topical numbing cream is standard and used to make you feel at ease and comfortable during the service, but pain tolerance does vary from client to client. Our numbing cream contains three main ingredients- 12% Benzocaine, 4% Lidocaine, and 2% Tetracaine. If the client is having the service done during their menstrual cycle, some increased sensitivity may occur.
What is the downtime?
Microblading has no downtime per say, because clients normally walk out ready to show off their new brows! However eyebrows will initially appear bolder and a little patchy for about the first week or so, depending on the client. The color will later rise back to the surface to a beautiful, natural color within 2-5 weeks. On average, your brows will fade up to 40-50% to its lasting color, which is why it is important to book your touch-up appointment.
How do I book an appointment?
Call our office a call at 312- 245-9965 to book your appointment with our Microblading Specialist, Anna Tassi!
- If you have reference pictures or current brow products, feel free to bring them!
- Please wax or tint your brows at least 72 hours before appointment.
- Brow makeup or gel can be worn 5 days after appointment.
- No caffeine or alcohol 24 hours before appointment (There is still caffeine in decaf coffee and tea!).
- No working out 24 hours before appointment.
- No antibiotics (Advil, Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Fish Oil, etc.) 24 hours before your appointment.
- No AHA products close to the eyebrow area 2 weeks before and after appointment.
- No Latisse or lash serums for 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after appointment.
- Need to be off Accutane for at least 1 year.
- No Glycolics, Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion, or Retin-A for 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after appointment.
- Fillers or Botox should be performed 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after appointment.
- Note: You may be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.