May’s Healthy Skin Recipe is a Walnut-Crusted Chicken Breast from Whole Living. Enjoy!
Walnut-Crusted Chicken Breasts
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread, dried
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- Lemon slices, for serving
- Seasonal green salad
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a food processor, combine bread, walnuts, and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper. Process until fine breadcrumbs form. Transfer to a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat egg white until frothy.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip each breast into egg white, letting excess drip off, and then into crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- In a large nonstick ovenproof skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, 1 to 3 minutes. Carefully turn chicken over and put skillet in oven. Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Serve chicken with lemon slices and green salad.
Walnuts are rich in Vitamin E, a potent antioxidant, to help quench free radicals and stop them from destroying your skin. They also are packed full of omega 3 fatty acids which are anti inflammatory and help with the skin’s moisturization. Eat them whenever you can!