October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, a time to remind the important ladies in your life to schedule their annual preventative screening with a certified physician. In 2017, it was estimated that over 250,000 new cases of invasive breast cancer were diagnosed within in the United States (according to the American Cancer Society). Don’t become a statistic because you don’t know the signs – it is important for women to conduct regular self-checks in the interim. However, do most women know the signs of breast cancer?
10 Key Warning Signs of Breast Cancer*
1. Detection of a lump or hard knot in the breast or underarm area.
2. Thickening inside the breast or underarm area.
3. Darkening of the breast skin.
4. Swelling, warmth or redness of the breast area.
5. Change in size and shape of the breast.
6. Dimpling or puckering of the breast skin.
7. Itchy, scaly sore or rash on the nipple.
8. Nipple discharge that starts suddenly.
9. Pulling in of the nipple or other parts of the breast.
10. New pain one spot that doesn’t go away.
Healthy, happy patients are our number one priority. If you would like more information about breast cancer prevention click HERE! If you are concerned, if something has changed, if something has become uncomfortable or painful – get it checked.